Monday, January 14, 2013

Why do we prefer certain cupcake flavors?


10 Most Popular Cupcake Flavors By Chris Obenschain
 And Why Most People Like Them By Me


    1:Vanilla - It’s like the simple boring flavor. You know you’re taking the easy way out of you pick vanilla. It’s probably the first flavor you ever had; before you had taste or could talk. Most likely your cupcake at least won’t suck if it’s vanilla. If you get vanilla wrong go back to school.

    2:Pumpkin - It’s an automatic reminder of family thanksgivings and cozy fall. It’s a little sweet and a little spice. It has these exotic flavors that make me think of something special. Or maybe it’s just because pumpkin is seasonal and you always want what you can’t always have.


    3:Banana - It’s like banana bread but with icing. It makes me think of grandma’s kitchen. It’s this old nostalgic thing that every once in a while our old souls are drawn to. But it’s like the smell of old people; do you really want it around often?

   4:Coffee - as a child I hear coffee and think caffeine, awake, parents say no. As an adult it’s very similar. You shouldn’t drink too much coffee but there is so much going on and you need to be awake. Why not kill 2 birds with one stone? Yummy cupcake and better than your average cup of joe. Please and thank you. 

   5:Chocolate! My all-time favorite. My man in the moon or my sunrise over the sea. Chocolate is the most beautiful things out there. You are all fools for not making chocolate your number 1 on the list. All bow to chocolate.


   6:Lemon - sweet, tart, fruity, sour; it’s all the flavors combined. It’s what all culinary artist strive for, that all around flavor. Lemon is what you want when your taste buds can’t decide. No one ever said no to grandma’s lemon squares.

   7:Peanut butter - personally I hate peanut butter. I get that it’s a thing that most children suck down a few times a week, but yuck. I grew so sick of peanut butter that I won’t even consider it a flavor on that chart. It would be cheaper if you just made a p.b. and j sandwich.


   8:Carrot cake  - it’s like an old grandma trick on how to get you to eat more vegetables. I think the icing but I want sugar and sweets with my cake. You can save those carts for a brisket with potatoes. It is probably one of the oldest flavors, move on people.

   9:Red velvet – Rocks! It’s a less sweet and rich chocolate cake with a pretty color and a richer icing. It makes me feel very loveable. The red color brightens my heart. I feel like the perfectly creamy sweet cream cheese icing is red velvet. If a red velvet cupcake has the wrong icing (buttercream) then to me it’s not really a red velvet cupcake.

  10:Chocolate and vanilla  the number 1, play it easy, please most cake flavor of all time. It’s your all-time favorite flavors combined in to one elegant looking thing. All shops have them and all make them good. You can’t sell cake if you have a bad chocolate and vanilla combination. It may not be your number 1 but it is always your fall back choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment