Friday, January 11, 2013

My thoughts on Cake!


                Cake is a soft, sweet food made from a mixture of flour, shortening, eggs, sugar, and other ingredients, baked and often decorated. It is older than life and it is great.
                The tradition goes back so far none of us were alive and most can’t remember. From child to grandparent, bakery to factory the world of cake keeps growing and changing.  We have witnessed peasants changing in to TV stars and cakes changing in to sculptures; there is nothing cake can’t do. Cake has changed so much in the years I want to see it, eat it and understand it.
               But there is more to cake then just baking there is eating. Cake is delicious and is meant to be eatin’. Don’t just learn it, taste it. Follow the journey with your mouth and see what you can learn.
I want to follow this journey; I want to taste the cake!


1 comment:

  1. I need to make a chocolate and strawberry cake next week for one of my students. Could you suggest a recipe for me and/or tell me how to prepare the fresh strawberries and keep them from making the cake soggy?

    Ps. Love the blog!
    Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete